Saturday, August 12, 2023

A Triad of Ideas

 Busy day, as evinced by my late posting.  OC duty again, and it was... nice?  It started off interesting, as I discovered a box of soggy zucchini, which I had to dump in the compost pile and clean up after.  This was followed by hearing some rattling, and lo and behold, one of our "visitors" was in extremis in the glue traps.  While I was glad they are working, it also annoyed me, as we have not yet fully eradicated them, and winter is coming.  Oi.  Anyways... the fact of the matter was that while we were busy, it was steady busy, not screaming monster death so, and all of clients were fairly nice -- no pains in the ass, everyone behaved (aside from parking in front of monsignor's garage; one of these days I am going to partner with a towing company), and we were able to empty several freezers, to say nothing of about two racks of clothes.  Funny; I came home and immediately placed the order for Thursday, one because I know how, two because I did the inventory, and three, I am now getting a glimpse of how the place is run and can make some decisions as to what we need or not.  For now.

Why voters aren’t buying Bidenomics (msn.com)
I think this is exactly correct; but given the other factors going on... it might not be enough.  In some ways, this is Trump's greatest advantage; he certainly had a decent economic record (til the pandemic), and by discussing gas prices, egg prices, formula availability... well, I am not saying it is a tremendous advantage, but it is one.

Bring on the Counterrevolution | City Journal (city-journal.org)
Interesting; I think the problem here is using the tools of government to affect the change; a true conservative would actually work to get rid of the tools of government, but that is me.

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Coolidge’s Inauguration: Why He’s the Model President – The Chicago Thinker
It is no secret that I love Coolidge, and, equally, that Warren Harding has gotten a bum rap (correcting the obvious errors of the Wilson administration, to me, is something that has never been given enough attention, as you would have to admit that a Dem made errors, and Lord knows we cannot have that).  This goes a long way towards rectifying the lack of attention to Cal, and if only we had a President like him running around...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home