Thursday, August 10, 2023

Soaring

Interesting day today; started with the new Thursday routine of heading to Aldi to pick up stuff for the OC, unloading it, weighing it, and then going -- by myself -- to the other Aldi and Dave's to get the stuff they had for us -- a decent amount of meat, some beverages, random stuff.  I also noted that the guys who went to the GCFB for our pickup decided to max out their produce order while they were there.  This is sort of fine -- we have the money, and we can give away the produce -- but I suspect that we might have too much.  You do NOT want it rotting in the fridge, of course.  So we have to give it out, which means less room in the bag for bread and other stuff.  To be sure, a large crowd (which I expect) will render it moot, but... I do prefer a tight ship.

The exterminator was there as well, and on his work order he noted that some of the building deficiencies we had -- namely, the holes in the floor -- were now filled with concrete and were NOT a problem.  As I was the one who had done the work, I was immediately filled with pride.  I want to be there the next time he is around and can point out to me other things that need to be resolved, as I am the only one who seems to worry about this sort of thing...I reminded everyone (again) that we are closer to winter than not, and we need to be prepared.  Oi.  Anyways, then it was back home to work -- there is enough work that the position could be full time!

The Closest Calls: How America Nearly Forged a Different Path in 1916 - POLITICO
Interesting; to me, one of the more fascinating things is that until very recently, all of this about Wilson -- his racism, his disdain for civil liberties, he generally shitty personage -- was conveniently excised.  Now, I think it is slightly unfair to say it is because he is a Democrat, but the fact of the matter is that they tend NOT to commit damnatio memoriae on their own, and, quite honestly, if there is one who deserves it, it is Woodrow Wilson.

On the Tragedy of Hunter Biden - by Josh Barro
You know, I don't buy this.  At some point there have to be limits placed, there has to be a sense of personal responsibility, and even moreso given Joe and his role... I know the man is not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but if he cannot see this... that is a problem in and of itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home