Monday, August 07, 2023

Indecision Day

 Interesting; it hardly felt I did anything today, but... I did.  Applied for plenty of jobs -- sort of priority one -- and did some work for the new part-time job (more and more earnest tomorrow; just collating data today).  I met my new primary care MD this morning, and things were... different.  For one, their office is not populated by mask Nazis, and while I missed the friendly banter with the nurses, the new guy is... fine.  Actually had a lengthy chat to discuss my health.  He noted that my overall health is good -- the diabetes is in good shape, my cardiac health is awesome, and my weight was appropriate for my age.  He pointed out that for my main and annoying health issue...well, it might be best to do nothing -- there are meds that could be used, but they would affect the other numbers, and in that case...  I will survive.  Plus I had a Zoom meeting and a killer workout at the gym!  Of course, I should have structured my day more efficiently to put in more work at the part-time job; I want to complete one of the smaller projects tomorrow, just to show them that I am not a moron.

The riddle of JD Vance | Washington Examiner
Ohio’s JD Vance launches his Senate career with culture wars and coalitions - cleveland.com
Interesting; honestly, I was surprised at how fair and non-hackish the PD article was; maybe someone didn't get the memo?  More seriously, I think he is the blueprint for the new generation of Republicans; not soft on the culture wars -- or, as I like to say, enthusiastically common sense -- and also fully embracing the working-class economic populism once the province of Democrats.  It is very Midwestern (still a lot of votes there) but I am not sure it will work everywhere, which is a concern... for now.  I for one am quite pleased with my GOP Senator; unlike his predecessor, there is not a hint of RINO in him!

I am still not sure how I will vote on Issue 1!  A couple of people texted me with the same idea, though; I mean, I think the idea is wise -- protect the state from dumb ideas -- but of course if the people want dumb ideas, they should have them.  Nor am I opposed to protecting children, but it has been rather...nakedly obvious as to what this is about, and I am not a fan of constitutional shenanigans (on either side).  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home