Sunday, July 23, 2023

Recovery

 Interesting day today -- I had a long day yesterday, meeting a friend, handling some food pantry stuff, and then a wedding, which was fine, but, as I noted, long.  I didn't realize how tired I was until this morning.  Mass was quite nice -- I was the EM, a good homily -- and I had a good workout at the gym, but my blood sugar was a bit low, so no cardio.  I am, though, 186 pounds, so... I guess I cannot complain too much.  Anyways, I nodded off twice today -- I guess I needed it, but I did lose some productive time.  To be sure, I have been busy -- applying for jobs, reading articles, deleting links, handing emails, that sort of thing.  But I always have that sense of more could have been done.  I certainly didn't do any housekeeping or something like that, though, of course, that always needs to be done.  

Why Do So Many People Still Support Donald Trump? - The Authoritarians
I think this is interesting, and largely true, but couldn't the same be said for Joe Biden?  I don't think one needs to go far to point out that the man is... of questionable morality, questionable mental health and acuity, picked a larger liability for veep, has permitted his son to perform a wide range of questionable activities... but for many people, the policies he has delivered and represented are far more important.  I really don't think that you can assail Trump supporters for behaving in the same way as a Biden voter.  Well, of course you can, because...

The Kennedys Were Always Bad - by Josh Barro - Very Serious

Umm...yes.  Of course, one never expects the press to call them on this, but you know, you never saw any GOPers calling them on their egregious behavior, either.  I have always argued that that was one of the things that many GOPers found wonderful (if you will), was that the Donald went after Bill Clinton for his extracurriculars; threatening to put the women who accused the guy of rape in the 90s in the front row of the debates was... well, Romney wouldn't have done it, nor McCain.  I admit there is something unpleasant about this sort of campaigning but in this day and age, it is more than right and just that it is done to them, and if more candidates were like Trump and did it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home