Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Braid

 You will note that I did not blog yesterday; rather, I went to see Braid at the Beachland with a couple of my former coworkers (from job one).  I wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not -- for a bunch of reasons -- but my friends were ebullient at the prospect, and honestly, I did need to get out of the house and have some entertainment, so... there I was.  And it was fun; I recalled listening to them back in the day, though honestly -- like a lot of bands -- I couldn't recall one song over any others.  The crowd was not too bad, so the parking around there (not so good in many ways) was equally decent. 

The one funny thing was... my one friend was asking about Issue 1; he had heard of it, but had no idea what it was about (I know!).  So we were explaining to him the basics about it, as well as the inside baseball stuff (to protect the abortion ban).  Humorously...my one friend said that, as an elitist liberal, he would have supported the bill, but now he was not sure, as he wanted to protect abortion...but really believed that people couldn't be trusted NOT to vote against their interests.  I of course was amused, as was he that even I think that this is skeevier than usual for Republicans, and might vote against, as I am a small-d democrat and thus love the idea of referendums and direct democracy.  We promised to keep our secrets safe from the Bernie Bros and the MAGAites, of course.

Two interviews today -- one phone screen, one in-person, and two yesterday.  So that is good.   On the other hand, the interview last week is a no go.  Sigh.  I continue to apply for jobs, and now we await responses.  Thank you notes were sent out -- I think they are recommended, but even if not, I sort of like it...and you know how I am old school.

Curtailing University Graft Can Prevent Student Debt Debacle - The Lid (lidblog.com)
I know I have said this before, but you would think in some GOP state -- and especially one where we actually have Republicans in charge -- they would go after this.  It would be politically popular for one, it would "own the libs," and anything that reduces spending, anywhere, would be advantageous for a GOPer, right?  But no one seems to act on this, which I find odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home