Monday, July 10, 2023

A Most Temporary Hiatus

 Watched "Primal Fear" today.  It was...interesting?  Good not great, I think; legal thriller from the mid-1990s, big cast -- Gere, Edward Norton, Laura Linney, Andre Braugher, Frances McDormand, some others.  Plot is good but it goes in odd places, and the story is largely believable, but again, the plot goes everywhere.  And it is a bit long.  But it wasn't bad, and I mostly enjoyed it.  Funny; my sister told me that while looking for a job is a full-time job for me now, I am spending MORE time on it than a full-time job, so... I guess I figured it was ok to take a little break.  There have been some minor developments on the job front, which is... nice, but, to use a phrase, highly guarded optimism here.

Why all the DeSantis panic? – HotAir
Interesting take; I rather like it, though at the end of the day Trump is still the frontrunner.  To be sure, if Ron can pull out a win in IA, or NH, or SC (I think IA is the most likely of the three), that's different.  I suspect DeSantis does have a good ground game and may be adding some behind the scenes voters, but...he has to.  He is behind!  And... there is still plenty of time before they actually start voting.

Toga Parties, Beer Bongs and … Political Campaigns? Animal House Frat and Presidential Visits. - POLITICO
Fascinating... I think I knew the movie was shot there, but this is a cool look at the history of the house.  I have to admit, if I could visit the place, I would... now, I can see why people might not want to, but it does seem to impart a sense of fun to a campaign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home