Tuesday, July 04, 2023

The Fourth Means....Freedom

My streak -- of blogging -- stopped yesterday.  I nodded off about 8:30, woke up a couple of hours, applied for more jobs, and then decided to call it a day... I slept in a bit today, but not too long, as I had to help a friend move, and...well, today was the day to do it, given the weather and such.  Tomorrow will be the first above 90 day -- Warped Tour weather we used to call it, given the propensity of that event to happen on the hottest day of the year.  I mean, today was just right -- plenty of sun but not too hot -- but that should be a change tomorrow.  Not that I am complaining, especially come winter, but...

Odd; usually, I have plenty of stuff on the Fourth, but this year, nothing, which is fine, I guess; I can rest and read and watch the fireworks set off by 52 people on my street.  Actually, I rather enjoy that, as it is against the law here (save for when the city does it) and to me there is nothing more American than people giving the government the finger.  That and now the new custom of not drinking Bud Light, which is also rather enjoyable.  This could be me, but don't they -- at some point -- have to admit that they were wrong and apologize and promise never to do it again?  I realize they will not, of course, but sales will only continue to fall, so...

Moms for Liberty's focus on school races nationwide sets up political clash with teachers unions | AP News
Speaking of American, what could be more American than fighting for what you believe in and then running for office to promote it?  I mean, I can see how some people would object to them, but considering the damage done to the children in public schools, I would think the larger source of toxicity is Randi Weingarten and her ilk, quite frankly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home