Monday, June 26, 2023

An Equal Reaction

 Odd day; I slept in a bit (no reason to wake up), and honestly, I was up til 1, looking for work, so... I guess it was ok.  Anyways, I was not up for that long before one of my conference presidents called me (returning my call) to discuss SVDP stuff, so I had to handle that, taking copious notes and getting MORE action items ready for tomorrow.  Then I applied for unemployment (sigh) and started looking for work again.  Applications up to 74, with four rejections and two follow-ups with video interviews, which is...fine, I guess.  I mean, we will see.  In the meantime, tomorrow will be more of the same... eventually the pace will slow, sadly, but... we will keep trying.  I guess I am more concerned about the rejection rate -- I know it will be high, and I know these things take time, but I would prefer to get some more positive feedback, if you will.

The story from Russia continues to fascinate me, mainly because... what was the endgame?  I guess I come from the "If you come to kill the king, you best not miss" school, and if the guy didn't go through with it... well, that is not ideal.  I know I was not there, but if he thought he had even a smidgen of a chance, he should have taken it, as Putin does not let his enemies live for long.  I do not necessarily buy the Putin is weakened theme, as that which does not kill us makes us stronger, and, plus, if there was a force that could take Moscow (or at least try to), this was it.  Alas.  Or, if there had been fighting, it would been prolonged, which would have weakened the Russian army and bailed out the Ukrainians....but no.

Opinion | The Legal Foundation of Women’s Sports Is Under Fire - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Interesting...one, such a thought is even published in the NYT.  But...reading this, could they be publishing a warning?  I can see this happening -- maybe not some liberal judge (though you never know) as they would invent some rationale to protect from this, but I could easily see some conservative judges (read, Alito) somewhere -- with the legal equivalent of trolling -- saying "Yes, it is completely unconstitutional to keep men from competing in women's sports" and then you will see an inundation of men claiming to be women and winning medals and such.  I will of course laugh in such a case..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home