Sunday, June 18, 2023

Events

 Long but good day!  I got in late last night, which didn't exactly help, but after Mass today I was on grill duty for the parish picnic.  It was largely fine; I think I spent a bit more time in the sun (instead of the shade) than I should have but otherwise it was fine; making burgers, brats, and hot dogs, running stuff downstairs, and then helping with cleanup.  I mean, it would be nice to just hang out, but on the other hand you do get to hear the latest news, gossip, and other parish doings.  Then it was off to the OC to take some canned goods there and deliver the leftovers to the Absolute House.  Then it was off to Edgewater to take Communion to a friend from Church.  Two things...one, it seemed everyone was at the park, and two... how the hell do you park around there?  There really isn't any parking on Edgewater or Lake, or the side streets... it is a nice area, but there is no way I would want to hang out there.

Anyways, then it was home, where I put a couple of hours of work in on the latest project; hell, I even finished it and sent the draft to my leadership team (I am sure they will appreciate the Sunday date on the email).  But it was worth it to get it done, or at least so they can review and I can handle it tomorrow, and, well, I prefer the idea of progress at work.  I had a bit of time to catch up on other stuff, and then it was time for... the season premiere of "Endeavour."  It was quite good -- not too far-fetched, like some of the usual plots of UK TV, and it went a long way in character development and such (they have only two more episodes to wrap these things up, so...).  I will the series when it is gone.  

So here we are now; a spot of emailing, and then... bed.  Need to get some gym doubles in this week, for sure!  I am 45 now, as I keep reminding myself.  Actually, I need to finish up the follow-ups from last week's email, figure out last month's Games contest puzzle -- the prospect of $100 is quite the motivator -- and do a host of other things.  Sigh.

Woodrow the Terrible, Warren the Good (substack.com)

Quite right across the board!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home