Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Forty-five!

 So, today is my birthday, and I am... 45.  Very depressing.  I mean, it happens, and I do not like, but... we survived.  I did take the stairs to the fourth floor today when I had to drop something off --- mainly out of contempt for the aging process, but also because I am far.  I got a strawberries and cream cupcake from the local bakery as a treat to myself, and dined with my sister.  We had wanted to go to the new Filipino restaurant in Independence, but... it appears it is not open, or if it was, it has closed -- there is a website but the place was closed.  Alas.  Anyways, off we went to Omizu.  I had been there before for sushi, and today I sampled the cooked food, and it was...good.  Quite good, actually.  Plus we got to chat and such; we email and text often, but it is still good that we have a good relationship.  Many siblings do not...

Amusingly, my semi-permanent cap fell out today, right before noon.  I was finishing a cup of coffee, and, there it was... I was... well, par for the course.  Humorously, I got a text from them reminding me about a periodontal treatment in a couple of weeks, so when I called about that, I told them to cancel that (no more painful teeth for weeks) and to change it to this crisis.  They, of course, wanted both, and I was like no way.  As these are different dental procedures, one cannot simply rearrange a dental visit.  Sigh.  I also suspect they did not appreciate my comment about installing a metal cap that actually stays on...

I also -- in the hour between I got home and Dr. Pimple Popper (J! is on the Tivo) -- planned out a schedule for the big East District meeting.  I had sent a preliminary schedule to downtown with the proviso that this would also be my first East District meeting (ever!) and they seemed to like it, so... well, that will be the plan.  I hope I do not screw it up, as I do not want this to be the first and last East District meeting.

Not that I follow the golf scene, but I was a little surprised by the PGA-LIV merger.  My own take:  the Saudis were running out of money (sports leagues are expensive, oil prices are down) and the PGA offered them a deal (they were losing money and golfers, too).  And the Saudis, in a New York minute, took the deal... I don't blame them, to be sure, but now the PGA is getting flack.  I suspect they will be fine with that, in the Liberace-crying-all-the-way-to-the-bank way, as long as the band is getting back together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home