Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sloth

 Yesterday, I am ashamed to say, I woke up at 10 AM!  I guess I was tired, and as I didn't set a clock...I have to admit, it discombobulated me the entire day; it was noon before I finished some of the morning emails and stuff I usually do, the errands were delayed, and as it turned out all I did was empty a closet.  I put 32 garments into the Plato's Closet pile (I counted hangers; the great shortage is now more than officially over), threw the metal hangers into the scrap metal pile, and even moved some clothes to the closet I use for most of the stuff I wear (closet two is pants, winter clothes, etc.).  It did look...neater and more concise, and now it is possible for me to move more stuff inside that one.  Then it was off to the family poker party (I won $13, rah) and then home.

Today...well, after Mass (Fr. Eric was flying, must have had a date) and gym, I met a friend for coffee (he buried his dog; I tried to be as sympathetic as possible, but, as I like to say...it's a dog) and then came home and... fell asleep on the couch.  Whoops.  Very depressing.  I didn't do any house organizing, though I did clean the bathroom and sweep the kitchen floor and the steps.  Rah.  Now I am catching up on the 800 things I need to administratively do, joy.  I am NOT surprised that we have a debt ceiling deal, in theory.  I wonder if the right will scuttle it; I think not, given that Jim Jordan has give his imprimatur and they can probably get enough votes from the left to ram it through.

The Enduring Mystery of Barbara Lowe and the Lost ‘Jeopardy!’ Episodes - The Ringer

This is a fascinating tale!  Not being allowed in the TOC...well, it all seems quite petty, honestly.  Nor, it appears, was she allowed back in the UTOC, which is also...quite petty.

‘Why do I have to pay this?’: Car theft victims pay the price at Cleveland’s impound lot - cleveland.com

I get a kick out of stories like this, for a bunch of reasons.  First, no one in the city seems to think that this is a problem... I realize it is other peoples' money, but, still, the optics are bad,  Two... the city's response has NOT been to go after the thieves, but rather, to sue the carmakers.  I mean... they could at least do both?  Third...as I like to say, as we have a GOP state, you would think they would pass a law holding the thieves responsible for any fees and repair damages... I realize that there would be little to recover in most cases, but not always, and... the optics would be better, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home