Sunday, May 21, 2023

Back to the Blog

 Busy weekend!  Glad to be home and blogging.  Actually, today, after Mass and gym, I came home, and... caught up on stuff.  Answered a bunch of emails, read some articles, handled some bookmarks, that sort of thing; also finally scheduled an East District meeting for SVDP -- hopefully we can get a good turnout, for a bunch of reasons (it would be the first in a while, and the first of my presidency).  I figured I got about two-thirds done of what I wanted to do, which will have to suffice.  I did finish book 30 today -- Numbers From Nowhere -- a discussion of how the population of the Americas before the European invasions could have been inflated.  Quite interesting, actually, if a bit dense at times.

Saturday was food pantry duty -- the last of the month -- and I was surprised as we were only moderately busy.  To be sure, this was a welcome change after the screaming death of the first two weeks, but we wanted more... we were able to largely able to clear out the freezers and the produce, clean and sterilize the shelves, that sort of thing.  One funny thing... we had a limited supply of milk, juice, creamer, that sort of thing; we put them out on the table and told people they could take one.  Well, we disappeared to move more stuff, and when I came back, one client had taken milk, a juice, etc... he was of the opinion that when I said "take one," I meant one of each... I had to chuckle about that.  Of course, they are Hope and Changers, and we all know what that entails.  

Inside John Brown Gun Club And Other Left-Wing Gun Groups – Rolling Stone

Is this a bad thing?  I mean, if a bunch of Proud Boys and Antifa types kill each other... I am sure we will survive, even if they do not.

Conservative pundits are increasingly open about who they think should be killed | Media Matters for America

I don't know; if we can revisit the issue of who is a boy or a girl (or both, or neither), or who can marry whom... we can't revisit other legal issues, as well, such as who deserves the death penalty?  Quite frankly, given that the left has opened the door... they can't complain who walks through it.

We’re effectively alone in the Universe, and that’s OK | Ars Technica

I completely agree with this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home