Sunday, May 14, 2023

Recovery

 Interesting and busy weekend, so here we are now, finally catching up on stuff.  Joy.  Ok, not too bad; bit dragging but that is all.  Yesterday was food pantry duty and it was largely fine; gave away all the produce, always good (above average crowd, always helps).  We were quite busy -- not zoo like, but solid and steady for most of the day; the early kept the crowd down a bit, but not for long.  It was mildly amusing; we had a bunch of our charming clients arrive at roughly the same time, and we had a newer volunteer who took everything they said at face value, and the results were...well, comic to me, especially after I sorted the mess out.  As I explained, my general policy is that a client is lying to me until proven otherwise (and you would be surprised).  Anyways, it went fairly well, and then I had a few moments to myself before sprinting off to a wedding, which was also fine, and fun, if a bit long.

Watched "The Ballad of Gustavo Cortez" today (816 on the NFR), and it was interesting; basically a Western in the style of "Rashomon," starring  Edward James Olmos as a Mexican farmer trying to evade a Texas posse/prove his innocence.  It was good, maybe not great, but it has some interesting character actors; James Gammon (Lou Brown on "Major League"), Bruce McGill (D-Day from "Animal House"), and Jack Kehoe (from "The Sting"), as well as some others.  The flashback scenes were easy to follow, which also helped.

Lost Movies | History Today

Interesting!  And more than a bit depressing for me!  But society, and life, is like that, I guess.

Weedwhacked the ditch and the flower beds today; it looks a bit nicer, even if this is the growing season, and I need to cut the rest (not until the mower gets fixed), but it was good to get out of the house and enjoy the day.  It was quite nice, and I made sure I meandered a bit outside in the afternoon.  In terms of spring days, this is as good as it gets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home