Friday, April 28, 2023

The End of An Era

 Excellent day today!  Did a gym double -- lifted in the AM, legs in the PM.  No double cardio (too low of blood sugar in the AM) but it was still good to work everything out.  I finished Desmond's Poverty, In America as well; I am up to 25 books on the year, and while the next couple are quite long, I am confident I can meet my goal.  To be sure, I have neglected other things... other hobbies, some work around the house (I have decided I need to put more stuff in durable, waterproof plastic tubs, for instance!), some cleaning and culling...but eventually that will get done.  Funny, I was thinking about what will happen when I die and where all of this stuff will go... most of it in the trash, I am sure; sad, but such is life.  Unless I find someone to share it with... but no one is that crazy and stupid, n'est-ce pas?

I finished watching all of the "Poirot" series from the BBC -- the one with David Suchet.  (It might explain the French and the melancholy tonight.)  I have been doing this a while, and while I still want to read all of Christie, this is a good place to start.  Poirot was always quite the interesting one, I thought, if the psychology and such is a bit much.  But he was always a funny guy, in a lot of ways; certainly, like Holmes, the ego was played up... anyways, the one I didn't like in the series was how they handled "The Murder on the Orient Express."  I guess I always saw it that Poirot caught the joke and decided to play along... they made it very dark.  Alas.  Editorial decision, I guess.

It was quite a dreary day, though it didn't seem it; I mean, it looked a bit and always threatened rain, even if it appeared to be mostly dry.  In that way I am glad I was able to cut the grass...let us hope it is a while before that particular atrocity needs to be done again.  Snark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home