Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wakey

 Took a day off from work today, as I had to help out at (ok, not had, but you get the drift) a Communion breakfast, at which I gave a little talk... I had to get an early start, so it was early to bed yesterday, and while I am not exactly feeling it now, I was in the afternoon -- I didn't have nearly enough coffee today.  Anyways, then after the breakfast (which was by then lunchtime) I stopped at my sister's for a quick shower and then off to the SVDP quarterly Presidents' meeting.  This was fine; learned a lot, took copious notes, and have a shitload of follow up emails (to downtown in general, to downtown with specific questions, and the various parishes in my conference.  I guess this is not the worst thing -- part of the job, I learned much that can be disseminated, and this is what leadership entails -- but after a full day, I literally need another one to get caught up.  Alas.  Hell, I even Tivo'ed Jeopardy! just so I have time now when I am fresh.

Is it me, or is the use of "freedom" by the Dems a solid choice as a theme for the re-election campaign?  I mean, it does have a ring to it, and it does pre-empt a traditional GOP line.  Of course, there are a number of ways to attack it, from the Joe eats ice cream while the world falls apart, the surge in inflation, drag queens/education wars (where GOPers, except in Ohio, were at the forefront of keeping schools open), and, finally, the general question of competence.  Still, it is better to take the war to the enemy than vice versa, and I give them credit for trying.

I got a phone book in the mail today; I was simply fascinated by this on so many levels.  It will probably be sent to the recycle bin, but...a relic technology still being used, what's not to like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home