Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Good Things Must End

Had my root canal today...and it was not exactly fun.  But it was largely painless, though incredibly uncomfortable.  I did take a pain pill, just to get rid of the aggravation in the corner of my mouth, but other than that...  I did ask if they use a general anesthetic, and of course, they do not, which is not terribly surprising, but I think I would prefer it; every time the dentist says I have a strong tongue, we know what happens next...  I lifted this morning; could have gone to the gym this afternoon, but was feeling meh, and the blood sugar was a bit low, so... no double.  Ugh.  Sloth and a lack of discipline!

Opinion | Let's cancel toxic diet culture — if not for us, for our kids - The Washington Post

I read this this morning, and this probably influenced my decision to do an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill.  More seriously...isn't this...bad?  Obesity is a huge issue; not only are there higher risks of COVID mortality, but all of this stuff costs money later on -- knee replacements, cardiac issues, you name it; it's not good for the body.  So why do we indulge these sorts of things?

Netflix will finally stop mailing DVDs. These people will miss them. (msn.com)

This is an unpleasant news item; I guess i will have to watch as many items as I can before it runs out.  Now, this is not completely surprising, but. as the article indicates, the movie range they had was pretty incredible, and you could often find stuff there you couldn't find elsewhere.  I guess I will have to find something else when it runs out...

Team DeSantis Ad Slams Bud Light, Transgender Athletes – OutKick

This was... good.  I fully approve.

I did finish book 23 today, the Civil War Diary of LeRoy Gresham -- The War Outside My Window.  It was good; not quite as good as Jones' or Chestnut's diaries, but...still interesting nonetheless.  Given the writer was a 16-year-old dying of consumption, it was in many ways...poignant.  Good look at the period; people read a lot and spent a lot of time with each other (not like now), and even he (he was from a wealthy family) noted that there were a lot of issues with getting food and coping with shortages.  In many ways he was quite perceptive, given his youth...not sure I was at that age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home