Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Quarantine

 Interesting results from the elections; a loss in the WI Supreme Court seat, and the more progressive candidate elected in Chicago, but the GOP added three supermajorities in state legislatures (NC, LA, and WI).  Furthermore, state legislatures continue to enact bans on gender-destroying surgeries, even after vetoes.  I told one of my progressive friends that it was democracy in action, and to deny the results of those elections...let's just say that she was not amused by strong defense of democracy.  I was, of course.

Funny, sort of; I didn't leave the house today.  I slept in a bit (oi!), then when I logged on to work I discovered I had a new CEO project that I wanted to finish today because I have another project I want to get done this week.  So I was slamming away longer than usual.  Plus, for some reason, my stomach has been rumbly today; this is odd, as I have been on a somewhat irregular diet due to this teeth issue, which is still not exactly better.  Oi.  Lots of soft foods -- cottage cheese, baked potatoes, and tuna fish, with plenty of oranges.  The antibiotics run out tomorrow, which does concern me, though I don't really think it was ever infected, just a slow-healing (and superfluous I suspect) hole under my tooth.  Grr.

Horse nations: Animal began transforming Native American life startlingly early | Science | AAAS

Interesting; I love this sort of thing, where people go and challenge the orthodoxy of historical theories...and now, with DNA and advanced dating technologies, we can.  Quite cool.

New season of Dr. Pimple Popper today, and it was glorious, but... the ratio of content to commercials is going down the Bar Rescue path, which means you get a lot less of the good stuff, and that IS a problem.  Not that I won't stop watching, but it is becoming less must-watch TV, as I multitask more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home