Tuesday, March 28, 2023

The Day of Soup

 So, yesterday I had a dental appointment... one of the teeth in the back right of my mouth had a cavity and is cracked, so the plan was to fill it and then attach a temporary cap, to be replaced by a permanent crown.  All I can say is... oi.  I got a megashot of painkiller, which certainly made the procedure painless, but I am still feeling the needlepricks now.  Because of the tooth position, it was a challenge to keep my mouth open, and worse, they had to hold my tongue in place with a dental mirror.  The dentist said I had a strong tongue (insert inappropriate comment here) which was nice, but it was incredibly uncomfortable and thus slightly painful.  Anyways, that eventually happened and then it was the temporary cap time...which took a while to get, for a bunch of reasons (I suspect I couldn't get the biting down, since I couldn't keep my mouth closed that long).  I was there more than two hours... 

Worse, I have to go back for the permanent one in a few weeks.  Which, of course, is not permanent!  I asked how long the permanent one lasts, and the tech said "5 to 10 years."  This was a problem for a few reasons.  One, I have no desire to go through this anytime soon, and two... I have a couple of stainless steel crowns that I went through hell to get many moons ago...but there they are, still.  Which brings me to problem two... they want to remove them and replace them with modern, "permanent" caps.  Each time, of course, I remind them how I went through hell to get them, and as they are fine... oi.  Very annoying.  And, now that I know that the "permanent" ones are anything but...

Anyways, so yesterday and much of today I have been on a soft foods diet... plenty of soup (I like clam chowder, damn the sodium) and oranges.  Things are slowly getting better, and I hope tomorrow I will actually eat something semi-normal; baked fish is actually fairly malleable, and it is healthy, at least.  Also, the reason I didn't post yesterday was because I popped a OTC pain pill right after J! and was asleep before the end of the South Carolina game.  Woke up just after 11.  Oops.

WATCH: GOP Senator Stumps Biden Judicial Nominees Again, and Again, and Again (freebeacon.com)

I get a kick out of these things; one would think after the first few of these got around, other nominees would start brushing up on the Constitution and federal law... of course, they are Hope and Changers, so they are not exactly being hired for their brains.

Ron DeSantis would destroy our free speech rights, and he’s coming to Northeast Ohio: Letter from the editor - cleveland.com

Ron DeSantis is coming to Akron??  I looked it up... tickets start at $100, or, twice as much as it cost for Lindsey Graham... interesting.  I sort of want to go, but there are plenty of other uses for my $100, like dental bills (until the reimbursement comes) and I do have a HELOC... never a bad time to start economizing, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home