Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The sense of mehness

So today I watched "The Little Mermaid," and I was...underwhelmed?  It is on the National Film Registry, but I cannot see why.  The animation is fine, nothing special.  Aside from the one song... meh.  Ursula is an anodyne villain, at best -- and certainly the fatphobia is problematic nowadays!  The lessons? Kids, disobey your parents for love and ruin your life?  I mean, it is 813 on the list, but... well, it wasn't "
Hairspray" awful, but...

'Funny; today I was so busy that I didn't leave the house, which was odd -- even skipped the gym late as the blood sugar was low.  (Sigh.)  I did cross off some things from the to-do list, and did plenty of reading and research, but then I was like what exactly have I done?  Of course, there are plenty of things on the list, so the opportunity to have a few days to do nothing but work on the list is...well, not exactly a thing at my last job, let me put it that way.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/joe-biden-must-be-the-world-s-worst-catholic/ar-AA18CYOb?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=72b76be5cf4142d8824508cf1453530e&ei=29

Um....yes.

https://www.tker.co/p/profit-margins-inflation-controversy/comments

I guess this is also an um...yes comment as well.  I don't doubt that a consumer revolt is a good thing; in some ways I wonder if it is not happening already, or will be as the SNAP reductions continue to roll through the economy.  Now, I don't want to sound like Pocahontas here, but shouldn't Congress step in and pass legislation to fix this?  Excess profits taxes are not a bad thing, especially when companies are making strong profits.  I think it should be on the table, at least....or should have been!

The Liberty-Nova game in the NIT was...fascinating.  McGhee for Liberty made a number of threes that not even Steph Curry would take, and watching LU play defense was impressive, but I couldn't help but think that Nova let that game get away from them, missing all those shots inside, where they had a height advantage.  Of course, every time a shot rattled around (I counted at least four) I couldn't help but think it was the Holy Spirit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home