Sunday, March 12, 2023

Selection Sunday

Well, that was fast....no NIT for North Carolina.  How terrible...  I guess Selection Sunday was as predicted.  Not a lot of opportunities for mid-majors, which means that none of them can get screwed, though that is a screwing in and of itself.  Duke gets a very tough road -- starting off against a solid Oral Roberts team (with experience in picking off top seeds, ahem) and then the Purdue quadrant -- not sure they can handle all that size.

Today was restful, if not exactly productive (though I read about 90 pages of The Impending Crisis, so that is something).  Watched some hoops, went through the email chain, texted some friends... about 8 of clock I realized that I was probably tired due to the time change.  I noticed it was brighter later but never put that fact together, either.  I guess I was just glad to get up on time (can't miss Mass, especially when one is the EM).

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/10/opinion/thomas-massie-republican-party.html#commentsContainer

This is...pretty cool?  I mean, everyone thinks he is some right-wing kook, especially the readers and staff of the NYT, but looking at this... I am impressed.  And he is right; I would love for him to start going to peoples' houses and check out their carbon footprints; I think it would be hilarious.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2023-03-09/crypto-bank-had-a-boring-collapse

Go down to the WWE section... One thing I have noticed is that wrestling fans -- some of them -- tend not  to want to admit that the thing is fixed.  I mean, most do, but a big hunk have always told me (vehemently) that the sport is...not fixed.  Well, here it is in the SEC filing -- the matches are predetermined!  I wish I could show this to them, but the type of people who insist that the sport is... a bastion of integrity (ok, it is, in its own weird way) are the types who will glaze over a government document.  Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home