Monday, February 27, 2023

Stress

 So, today I took a stress test for the first time.  I have been suffering intermittently with acid reflux the past few weeks, and more recently I developed this thing where I began to have shortness of breath.  This, as you can imagine, is not on the Mattgenda, so I called my MD.  He suspected asthma temporary caused by acid reflex (and this is a thing!) but of course we have to rule out cardiac issues... so last week I had the chest X-ray (clear) and today I took the stress test (results seem to be good).  The process itself was... interesting?  I had hoped to read on the treadmill, but that was not possible, as I had to hold on to the bars.  They attached the electrodes to my chest and side, put me on the treadmill, and off I went.  It wasn't too bad -- they start at a speed and elevation, and turn it up every three minutes.  I had no problems until the last set, when the breathlessness kicked in, though I finished the regimen in question.  It was funny; they kept telling me when I was at a goal of my age group, so I was like "just tell me when I have passed my goal" and sure enough, I kept at it til I was indeed well past it.  Not sure if the staff expected that, but... coronary patient I may be, but a heart attack in this case was more than acceptable.  Now I wait for the results, which I think will be fine, so we can actually treat the acid reflux.  Sigh.

The worst part about it was the 24-hour fast from caffeine.  This, as you can imagine, was almost intolerable for me; not that I needed it, especially on a Sunday, but the fact of the matter is there are plenty of times where a delicious -- and enervating -- cup of coffee is just what the doctor ordered (at least, Dr. Feelgood), and... well, it was not possible.  Sigh.  Anyways, my first cup this afternoon, was simply heavenly, as were the next three that followed.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/02/26/us/printing-money-treasury.html

Interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home