Friday, February 17, 2023

Adventure Abounds

Banner day today, sort of...started with a big fun social justice meeting on the East side -- part of our new alliance with the Hunger Network.  It was largely fine; lots of food pantries (mainly from that side of town), snacks and coffee, and the hottest church hall I have ever sat through.  Most of the meeting was about the cut in SNAP cuts; little advocacy, if you will, but more practical advice about how to cope with this -- making sure you have enough food to deal with the expectation of more people, how to suggest people go closer to their own neighborhoods, that sort of thing.  It ran long, sadly (obviously I was the only one there who has a real job, obviously), and there were plenty of superfluous questions...oi.  I sent a follow-up omnibus this afternoon, mainly to save time and to have stuff answered....and to save everyone else another hour in the sauna.

This afternoon I got another work project... this is fine (seriously!) though I am amused at the fact that I now have three things to handle simultaneously, sort of; I have a priorities list, of course, but the deadlines are... properly spaced out.  This is good, and the expectation is that I should produce detailed work and if it takes an extra day...so be it.  Quite different from the previous career...

My sister and I had our monthly dinner today.  It was her turn to pick, and she selected Samosky's Pizzeria out in Valley City.  It is far -- not terribly far, but it is over hill and dale to get there.  Valley City seems nice; a bit small, and I think it would take an hour to get through the downtown, but it looked interesting.  Anyways, the place was jammed when we arrived; not that I was surprised, given the dearth of places to hang around there.  I ordered a pizza, as it was a pizza place, and it was quite good; I got a BBQ one, and if I went back I would get one with the regular pizza sauce.  Half I took home, where it will be lunch or dinner for a few days.

The main problem was that on the way there, my low tire pressure gauge came on.  This was a less than welcome development, given that I was far from home, I have a nice and busy weekend, and it was 5:40 on a Friday night when this development occurred.  I mean, had this happened leaving the meeting, I had a whole afternoon to get it handled.  Now, I have to start my day slightly earlier and find a place open at the buttcrack of dawn to hopefully just inflate the tire...  sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home