Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday Night Lights

Watched "Hairspray" tonight, and all I can say is...it was not fun.  All-star cast, sort of, and I can see how some people would like that sort of thing, but, on the whole, it was a 90-minute drag (pardon the pun).  811, at least.  Had I not been following the CSU-Robert Morris game on my phone -- a barnburner in every sense of the word -- it would have been awful.  I don't think CSU can win the Horizon regular-season title, for a bunch of reasons, but...being a top seed would not be out of the reach for the conference tourney, and who doesn't love an extra home game or two?

I finished book nine -- The Great Baseball Revolt -- which chronicled how a bunch of MLM players in 1890 formed their own league and for all of one glorious season tried to do things their own way.  Of course, it didn't work -- money was a problem -- but it was viewed as a way to raise player salaries, which it did...for that year.  The book was good but there was not exactly a lot of baseball in it; lots of stuff about labor relations and such, but a 200 page book needs more than 30 pages devoted to the season.   Anyways, I need to crack down and bump up the reading pace if I want to remain on track for 50.

Funny, sort of; all of medical reimbursements were approved in the past two days and in consequence I was finally able to pay off some stuff that was on the credit card.  It's not huge, but it did add up, and it felt good to see the debt level decline once again, even in its own small way.  I am still committed to holding off on the bathroom until interest rates, or my HELOC, or both, come down to more manageable levels.  But I am getting a little antsy about this...

Was it me, or was tonight's Final J! incredibly easy?  Yes, I have a degree in European history, but...  at least I felt it was...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home