Thursday, February 09, 2023

Victory!

 Weird; I had immense difficulties in trying to get to bed last night; I think it was after 3 when I actually slept-slept.  Odd.  I woke up at 8, which was later than usual but not exactly enough.  Course, I took lunch at the gym, where not only did I have a good workout, but weighed in at 190.8 pounds, which seemed low, given how I have been feeling the fatness.  Maybe I am not, but...  maybe I am just vain, as well.

Pub Quiz at Rustic Grill tonight, where... we won!  We had a narrow lead going into the final (most of the rounds were not Matt-friendly), but the final I knew immediately... and we were the only team to know the final answer, which surprised me (hard but not terribly so).  So, a glorious -- and numerically significant win (I will have to make theme cupcakes, or something).  We did win a victory gift card, but it expires before the next PQ, so either I swallow it (winning is the only thing) or I haul out there and spend on gas what I save on the card.  Oi.  Ok, more of a First World problem, but you get my drift.

Oi would better describe what happened when I got off the highway; the light was out, so it's a four-way stop, correct?  Not here on the East Side.   Some people tried to do that, but half the time four cars or so would just blow through the intersection.  Mayfield Village had a cop there, but he was mucking with the control and not actually doing police work, like directing traffic.  I eventually got through, but I could not help but think that it was very, very East Side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home