Saturday, February 11, 2023

The End of the Day

 Duke clearly got hosed today.  Now, to be sure, no one is going to lose any sleep over this -- even I am somewhat neutral about this -- but for the refs to miss an obvious call... that is somewhat egregious.  Hell, they got it right in the Portland State-Northern Arizona miracle...why not in the big game?  More seriously, this is what I (and everyone else) loves about college hoops; literally anything can happen!

Food pantry duty today, and it was good.  The first hour and a half was a zoo -- I almost peed myself -- but it settled down, though the count was 120 (a bit above average).  We were able to get rid of the bottled water, most of the bagged potatoes, plenty of other produce (though there is still some left), and some of the various random things we found, like blankets and snacks.  We didn't get a lot of meat from our pickups this week (which is fine) so the freezers are largely empty.  Honestly, I think it is more problematic when we do have a lot of stuff from the pickups; they are over-ordering and that, in turn, drives up our costs when we consumers buy the stuff.  As I often say, if our clients are eating better than we do...that is a problem.  I am a Republican, after all.

I know I am not really a football fan, but as the years go on, I care less and less about the Super Bowl, so much so that I doubt I will watch the game (don't tell Roger Goddell).  I suspect they will be just fine without me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home