Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Feeling my oats

 Dare I say that Duke needed that win?  Yes; losing to a crappy ND team would have been catastrophic.  To be sure, they almost pulled it off, though talent/home court/whatever came through in the end.  That three at the end...I didn't like the shot, but it went, and...phew.  Funny; I was thinking about ND and the Mike Brey situation with some of the Fun Runners in regards to tOSU. Now, Brey had earned the right to go out on his own terms, but two years of suckitude...well, time for a change.  I suspect he will do a couple of years on the ESPN circuit and then find an "ideal" situation.  I am not quite sure that Holtmann has earned the goodwill that Brey has, but paying two coaches is expensive, even at Ohio State.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2023/02/yellowcard-celebrates-20-years-of-debut-album-ocean-avenue-with-tour-stop-at-blossom-in-july.html

Yellowcard is back together?  Mayday Parade?  Sign me up!  I hope the Ticketmaster crash doesn't affect me this time...  hell, Linkin Park has a "new" song out and an extended version of Meteora out, which I may just run out and purchase...

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/immigration/freedom-caucus-appropriators-see-open-lane-for-spending-slashes

I will believe it when I see it; hell, they can't even get rid of earmarks!  To be sure, any reduction in government spending will be welcome, but as with so many other things... GOPers say it and never follow through.  Maybe a President DeSantis would be...different.  I suspect his popularity among the GOP electorate is contingent on that potential of promise...

Odd; I felt...blah in the afternoon.  I don't know what happened, I just crashed.  Maybe it was not enough caffeine, not enough rest, something... but I have not felt that way in a long while.  I know I am not quite as young as I once was, but... this is troubling to me.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home