Thursday, February 16, 2023

Joys Upon Joys

 I decided to get out of the house and I went to the Paczki Day celebration at the Polish American Cultural Center tonight.  I planned to arrive right at 6:15 (soon after opening) and...the place was packed.  The main lot was full, so I had to park on 65th, which was fine.  Quite the crowd, actually... I saw several people I knew there, which was nice, but it was sort of a cluster inside.  They had that setup where you buy tickets for food, which I hate, so I limited my menu choices.  But it was good; stuffed cabbage, pierogi, cabbage and noodles, and a delicious paczki.  All but the paczki were homemade, and as I know the cooks...well, I was not surprised.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2023/02/16/food-stamps-gop-proposed-cuts/
I realize the social justice community is doing some pearl-clutching about this,. but 1) We as GOPers should be cutting government spending, and this is as good a place to start as any; and 2) we need to get people back into the workforce, and this is one way to do it.  Now, as I always say, knowing my clients at the OC, a lot of these people are the last ones that should be working, but... well, if they can't cut it in the real world, they just might have to starve.  And I think we will all survive.

Speaking of government spending, if there is anything that this past week has learned...what the hell good is the Department of Transportation for?  Considering how Mayor Pete has done, one would think any GOPer of consequence would be calling for his head... and reminding everyone that they are failing us.  I would imagine anyone wanting to be President and trying to impress a GOP electorate would start by pointing out how much better off everyone would be if much of the DOT went the way of the dodo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home