Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Last Day of Gluttony

 Funny; I had planned on meeting one of the last two SVDP conferences today.  So, I drove out to St. Therese in Garfield Heights, and lo and behold...everyone decided that they had other commitments and called off the meeting.  Alas.  I did talk to the parish receptionist, who told me about the group, and I left her my contact info, so that someone from the group could -- if they wanted to -- call me.  In the meantime, they will be meeting next month, so I can crash that one as well.

Super busy today; got a big project at work and ended up working late on it, which is fine -- I want to get it done!  But it will be taking a while, so the extra couple of hours might just be worth it. 

Of course, today was Fat Tuesday, and paczki day.  My sister told me that Breads and Beyond was good, and they had special flavors, so I decided to go there bright and early this morning (more or less).  And... there were three people when I arrived, and three when I left.  I got two -- key lime and peaches and cream -- and they were quite good!  The only drawback was that they were top/bottom half, and thus the fillings runneth over every time you took a bite.  Now, I am not sure they were worth $3 each, but... for once a year, it is worth it, I guess.  Tomorrow will be a day of much needed fasting, I can assure you.

https://ritholtz.com/2023/02/wfh-vs-rto/

Exactly right; I don't commute any more, and in addition to the savings in gas and the prolonged lifespan of my car... well, I do have more time -- time I can spend at the gym, getting dinner together, doing food pantry stuff, etc.  It's really quite nice, honestly...

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/02/21/michigan-christian-nationalists-00083251

I might be missing something here, but... a bunch of people who believe in a certain political philosophy went out and got themselves elected to something.  Isn't that how democracy is supposed to work?  I didn't see anything that services were being cut or something like that; that might happen, and it might be that the voters think that is a good idea!  I mean, just because the writers of Politico might be opposed doesn't mean that everyone else has to be against it, does it?  (I think we all know the answer to that one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home