Monday, February 20, 2023

Social Justice: Meeting by Meeting

 I was off today -- Presidents' Day -- but I had some work I wanted to do and make up some time for time I have missed/will miss.  So I logged on this morning and finished something I was working on for our CEO.  Well, both my CEO and supervisor "caught" me working on the off day.  At least they were amused; I think my boss has resigned myself to the fact that I feel the need to give the company 8 hours a day, no matter what.  Plus, I can now start the next project fresh and clean tomorrow, and ideally complete that one.

OC Board meeting tonight.  Small crowd due to illness, vacation, and prior commitments.  But, it went well!  We discussed a host of issues -- the expected surge in client visits due to the dropoff in SNAP benefits, how to handle repeat client visits, eventually going back to in-person visits, rearranging how we operate, even surveying clients not only demographic data, but whether they want drive-through or walk-in.  This, actually, is a smart idea, which is why I didn't think about it.

The only downside to all this social justice stuff is the follow-up; in most cases, one bulk email will not do, and I have to email/call 3 or 4 different people with different questions.  This is hardly a catastrophe, I know, and if I was less detail-oriented it would be less of a chore, but it is important, and the follow-ups do provide some measure of clarity and direction to the OC, so...

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1627671760421134336
This is hilarious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home