Thursday, February 23, 2023

Plowing Away

Another busy day today -- lots of work, but this is good.  I ended up not going to the gym this morning -- low blood sugar -- but that was fine, as I was able to plow away at the latest project.  I also hit the library and did some banking on my lunch break... yet another perk of the work from home gig, having time to handle minor affairs as needed.  Quite nice.  Tomorrow I will need to do some food pantry stuff, like calling some people and setting up stuff for next week.  Funny; my stint managing the OC will be ending for the month, which will give me more time to handle East District affairs.  

The Alabama hoops story amuses me immensely.  Legally, I guess the argument is that while he may have given the gun used in the shooting to the guy who did it, Miller didn't know the use for it, so... I don't think anyone actually believes this, but it has enough of a patina of plausible deniability to work, and that is the key.  Considering he made the game-winning basket in OT and is a key reason that they are a potential #1 seed... well, that is far more important than any old "participation in a crime" nonsense, right?  In a world where Deshaun Watson has a job and a fat paycheck for actually committing a crime...

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/21/opinion/do-mask-mandates-work.html?fbclid=IwAR37oqjX6nTxfOfsX1hRt-r_yi-bRtBXcwnXSZtw-g5M86Ce6Nh8Znrvz6E

Now they tell us?  I assume of course that there will be absolutely NO recriminations for the people who created this, correct?  No one is going to ask Dr. Fauci (save for Rand Paul), right?  Course, even I have stopped wearing masks at the OC... I guess if the argument was "they probably don't help but if you feel safer wear one" it would have been acceptable, but then only 42 people would have worn one, so...

Watched an interesting (and short) documentary, "Long Way Home," about the integration of baseball and the problems black and dark-skinned Latino players faced while breaking into the league.  I wonder why the clubs didn't do more to protect their players; some did, but most seemed not to do anything... I guess the idea was that they could not, but I suspect either they didn't want to, or just didn't think about it, which is sad, because I think it would reduced some of the problems faced by the players are they traversed the country and broke into the big leagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home