Saturday, February 25, 2023

Mattie Takes A Day

 My streak of blogging regularly ended last night -- I had made 20 daily posts in a row, I think.  I had planned on doing so, but...not sure what happened, but I was gripped by, how shall I say this, intestinal distress?  I went to Holy Name for the fish fry, and it was quite good, but I think the combination of the food (the baked potato was quite large) and the buttery portion of cabbage and noodles was too much for my not-so-iron stomach.  I got better through the evening as nature took its course, but... sigh.  I am not quite as young as I was.

Today was my last day of managing the food pantry, thank God.  OK, it was not too bad for the month -- calm, quiet, no pain in the butt clients, and today was not very busy, sadly.  The roads were quite treacherous this morning -- ODOT seemed to be of the opinion of it will melt in a few hours -- and I think it kept the crowd down today.  It was also quite cold; we could feel it getting warmer as the day went on.  Anyways, we did rotate some stock, got rid of most of the produce, gave away the rando blankets that remained (ditto for adult diapers and some gloves), and pushed most of the snacks and fish that we accumulated.  

Then it was off to get my taxes done -- I will about break even in the end, which is about what I expected.  Not too bad -- the new job and the slowly decreasing mortgage interest deduction will make it harder for refunds going forward, though that is not exactly a bad thing.  I mean, paying off the house and making more money is a desirable goal!  Then I went home and laid down...and when I woke up, it was dark -- I nodded off for nearly five hours, which on the one hand was good (I was tired and needed the rest) but I also wanted to be productive, and that hardly qualifies.  Sigh.  Tomorrow is another day.

I am more than halfway through book 13 -- a combination bio of Adam Smith and a discussion of the myths/ongoing influences of him on economics.  It is quite interesting, of course, but a bit deep, and of course, the usual things of life interfere... at least the Duke game was only mildly competitive so I got some reading in then, but when one sleeps a day away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home