Saturday, March 04, 2023

Lazy Saturday

Matt was out late last night and then decided in turn to sleep in.  This was probably a good thing, though I have felt vaguely unproductive all day.  To be sure, after an AM trip to the gym and a spate of paperwork... well, I still feel guilty.

One thing I did -- I had entertained notions of a restaurant visit -- was to make one of the recipes from my list.  So, after making some mint brownies for an upcoming fest, I kept the oven at 350 and fired up some white chocolate brie cups (in phyllo dough) with orange marmalade toppings.  They are...good?  Not sure I would make them again.  Cutting brie is... a difficult thing.  But the recipe itself is fairly easy, and as a quick appetizer, one could do worse.  Now I am in the recipe-crossing off mood, which is not exactly a bad thing.

It's March Madness time!  I mean, it's March, so I should have put one and one together, but it is one of my favorite times of the year -- so many games with so much meaning, all kinds of excitement, and, of course, you never know what you are going to get.  My TV and movie viewing -- in so far as it exists -- is severely truncated, and it is really quite glorious.

Tomorrow I need to do some kitchen cleaning.  Hell, I need to do some kitchen table cleaning; I had done some of it during the week -- cleaning away some paperwork, doing some medical claims -- but it has come back with a vengeance.  Half of the stuff is in the category "too important to throw away but not sure what else to do with it," hence the sitting in piles.  I should do some adulting and put it away altogether, which is then followed by the realization that I should do some adulting/throwing away in other corners of Chateau Mattie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home