Tuesday, February 28, 2023

A New Lease on Life

 So... the MD called with the results of the stress test (which I found online).  As expected, all is normal -- no blockages, no heart murmurs or hiccups, nor anything else.  Indeed, I am in the 94th percentile of heart health for my age.  Rah.  Now, the acid reflux... that is pending, as this involves a gastroenterologist, I am sure, or another round of tests.  Sigh.  To be sure, I am glad it is not the heart, but I fully knew it would not be; as I told the nurse at the stress test, there is a family history of heart trouble, but I don't eat and live like my parents, so...  I mean, I have had salmon more this month than in the entire lifetime of my mother, and I eat more fruits and vegetables in a day than Mom did in a week.  Let's not forget the exercise....

A thrilling win for the Blue Devils tonight.  OK, it was; for a while it looked like Duke was in control, but then the Wolfpack would come back and I would be pulling my hair out.  To be sure, NC State is also a good team, and everyone plays up for Duke, but...   anyways, this could be me, but the entire Duke schedule/retinue of work for the Selection Committee is...meh?  What's the big win?  Ok, Xavier (though at the time it was not quite as regarded as such).  Iowa?  Ohio State (ha!).  A nail biter over Oregon State? That's it; loss to Kansas (albeit close) and a bunch of non-conference drivel.  In the ACC... a home win over Miami.  I realize the ACC is a "balanced" league this year, but... they've lost to Miami (big), the Hokies, Clemson, Wake Forest, and NC State (big).  The "loss" to Virginia, too.  Most of their wins are against the lesser echelon of ACC teams.  Ok, they have wins against Pitt and Wake and now NC State, but...  it just seems unimpressive.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home