Monday, March 06, 2023

Not-So-Lazy Sunday

 My Sunday was... interesting.  Mass and breakfast with the sister, followed by a trip to the tire place (again), as the low tire pressure sensor went off (again), sigh.  Then the original plan was to hit the gym and head home for an afternoon of basketball watching.  But, a friend of mine just moved back to town, and I had offered to help if he needed.  As it turned out, he decided he did, so there I was, off to Ohio City with a bag of tools to assemble a bed and everything.  I distinctly recalled Watson (in "The Adventure of the Bruce Partington Plans") walking to meet Holmes with a batch of burglary tools...

As it turned out, we spent nearly six hours together... moving stuff around the apartment, putting the bed together, and a trip to Parma to the hardware store (for a drill/screwdriver set) and Target.  At least the place was largely put together when I left, which was...fine.  I came home, snarfed some dinner, and decided that my original plan of cleaning my kitchen was still a valid idea, so there I went... and like a dervish devotee of Mr. Clean, the kitchen was cleaned -- kitchen table cleared off and dusted (next time I will dust the light fixture first), floor Swiffered, counters and stove top scrubbed; even the sink was subjected to a Drano blast (probably not enough).  And it is glorious.  To be sure, I should probably clean a little more often, and thus work less hard, but...

Anyways, I had some other stuff to handle, and it was almost one when I was ready to go to bed... and then I got a text from another friend.  His flight home was delayed, Lyft and Uber weren't working... could I pick him up at the airport.  I will admit some small (in every sense of the word), Hopey and Changey part of me said to just roll over, but I then decided (in addition to being East District President) that if I was stuck at the airport at 1 in the morning... so I got dressed and took him home.  

I am feeling it today, though; not only was I tired, I also feel a cold coming on (again), which is no fun, as, given the way I run things, it will be a month before I am actually better.  Alas.  I am bumping up the fruit and vitamin C, and will try to get some more rest (ha).  Maybe I will look at the kitchen and revel in its cleanliness, or, more likely, I will start cleaning out the medicine cabinet during halftime.  Yes, I want the bathroom done, even if it will be a couple of months before I start planning that.

 https://digg.com/music/link/90s-one-hit-wonders-uAPkHbb3Py

Some good songs here, though to call Lisa Loeb's "Stay" just a one-hit wonder...sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home