Saturday, March 11, 2023

Closures

 You know, the basketball games have been incredibly entertaining today.  The MEAC game was incredibly tight -- I think it was a one-possession game for nearly the entire second half. The MAC game was close for most of it, until KSU pulled away (now they can post videos about Akron!).  The America East playoff game was the same, until the superior talent of UVM showed through.  Hell, the same could be said for the OSU-Purdue game; after a while, too much height and talent for the Boilermakers.  The idea that tOSU should have a postseason berth is...well, laughable.  Even the Duke game -- while uncomfortably close for some of us -- was fairly competitive, if... well, sort of a slog.

Funny; my plans for today were cancelled, so I slept in a bit, went to the gym, and then came home to settle in front of the TV and watch some games... I also handled a bunch of food pantry/SVDP stuff.  Looked over some grant applications, did some paperwork, reviewed the annual reports of all the East District conferences, sent out some follow-up emails... all good!  To be sure, I could have finished them in two hours if I had shut the TV off, but priorities...  I also finished book 15 -- and honestly it was one of the better and more interesting books I have read.  Certainly challenged what I would say are commonly held beliefs about education.

Yesterday I went to two churches.  For lunch I went down the street to St. Joseph's Byzantine in Brecksville (few places offer lunch!), and it was...fine, in that good but not outstanding way.  For dinner I re-crossed the river and went to Blessed Trinity, off Puritas; never been, and I just wanted to see what it was like.  Stations went long so I arrived late, where I discovered that they were out of salmon, fries, and cole slaw (the last two flummoxed me a bit, honestly, though equally honestly many of the people there could have laid off the fries).  The nice ladies suggested I order off the a la carte menu, so I went with the sole filet, clam chowder, and crab cake sandwich; I later snarfed a plate of cookies from the dessert table.  The crab cake sandwich was the best -- bit of a kick but not overwhelming -- and the other two were fine; would have preferred something not fried and breaded, but such is the cost of tardiness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home