Thursday, March 23, 2023

Dinner and Dessert

 Funny; last night I went to bed and couldn't fall asleep, and then this morning I was slightly sluggish, at least until I had the morning coffee.  Now, of course, the same thing is happening again... oi.  I guess I could just go to bed extra early and wait it out, but... alas.

It's been a banner month for packaged desserts.  First, Ron DeSantis and his eating pudding with his fingers, and now Kyrsten Sinema saying that all Democrats do is eat jello.  It's actually quite droll.  I think I am beginning to see her strategy -- assuming the GOP runs someone like Kari Lake, and the Dems run someone like Ruben Gallego, there is a path down the middle.  Now, I think it is a very narrow path, but... of course, it's not like she can win the Democratic primary, so... at the very least this guarantees her a spot in the finals, at least.

My sister and I did our monthly dinner today, and I chose Au Jus -- the newish Italian beef place in Parma.  It was quite busy -- four or five people there when I was waiting for the food, my sister said that many came in while she waited for me, and there were a number of online orders.  No real place to sit down, so we went to my sister's place.  It was... good?  Beef was a bit spicy.  Jus was decent.  Onion rings were a bit disappointing.  Certainly a large meal -- more than I have eaten in a while!  Of course, it was fairly...traditional... of a meal for me, so I told my sister to expect chilled monkey brains for sure at the next dinner I choose.  Let's just say she was not exactly surprised -- or thrilled -- by that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home