Saturday, March 18, 2023

A Very Long Day

 Woke up at the crack of dawn for food pantry duty, as we were short-handed, especially of runners/people who can use the computer.   One nice thing about the Order, I guess; I am still young enough to be the kid.  So there I was -- I should have brought more than the hoodie, as it was a little cold out there (and got worse during the morning, odd).  The crowd was about average, if a bit less, which was/is surprising, given the hullaballoo about SNAP cuts.  At least we gave away all of the produce, always a good sign.

Then it was home for a bit -- only just enough time to make my mint brownies and watch a smidgen of Duke before going to my friend's fest.  We both noted that Duke was...well, we were quite sure that this was going to be the end of their run, and we were sadly correct.  TN certainly had defensive toughness, and as Coach Scheyer is not yet getting the calls... to be sure, some questionable decisions -- letting Roach play with four, letting Proctor shoot so much, forcing much of the offense to Filipowski, despite his not exactly being a threat... oi.

Anyways, I didn't stay for the whole game, as it was off to fest two for a bit -- friend from church is going to the Navy soon, so I brought my tray of brownies and stopped there for a bit.  It was nice just to hang and chill, and it is always good to just hang.  But not for long!  Off to fest three for a surprise bday for a friend at Mongolian BBQ in the PSRCH.  That was nice -- good to catch up with old friends -- but it was certainly pricey.  I should have gone back for a third bowl (they seemed to be smaller) but it was time, and, of course, there is the fatness factor.

Then off to fest four -- a brief stop at a kid's bday party.  I delivered the present and hung out a bit; I decided that more food was suicide and politely pawned my piece of cake to the birthday boy, which he appreciated immensely, if not the parents.  To be sure, they did see this coming...

Then home, where I did some reading, the Lenten devotions, boiled some eggs, and went through some websites and emails.  Tomorrow, for better or worse, we go through the emails and the bookmarks, which seem to be piling up, and, dare I say, not leaving the house after Mass/gym...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home