Thursday, March 16, 2023

Action on the Court

 It has been a glorious day of basketball action today -- close game with MD-WV, the big Furman win (what was UVA thinking?  why does UVA tend to blow it in the postseason?), and of course the Princeton win -- which I am quite sure no one saw coming.  I mean, plenty of people picked Furman to win a game (or more), but Princeton?  This is why we watch!  Thankfully, Duke avoided the upsets by beating Oral Roberts, as the Lord called them home.  The defensive intensity was what impressed me; I figured Duke would score points, but so would ORU.  But no!  Long may this glorious run continue...

Course, one downside of the day is that aside from work and watching basketball, I did little else, so I have a couple of things to accomplish tomorrow morning.  Hell, I still have to wash some dishes, though the pile could sit another day or so.  I did get some reading some, and broke open the pile of Games magazines.  Ok, it's two, but I still should do them; at the very least, I can make sure I turn in the mail-in puzzle, in the one-in-a-million chance that I solve it and get the prize.  (Both are equally implausible.)

One thing I have noticed -- and I know it is easier than it looks -- but if you know the trap is coming, why don't you design a play to get the ball to the middle of the court, where the risk of a trap is slightly less?  It seems teams invite the old CYO offense play of "dribble into the corner and call timeout."  Again, I know the defense is working to prevent the center pass, but it does seem to invite trouble to not try something else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home