Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Started At The Bottom...

 It was quite the morning today... on the way to the dentist, the low tire pressure indicator light came on.  Sigh.  As this is the third time in about a month... anyways, while this round of periodontal cleaning was not too bad (I told the hygienist I brush four times a day, which surprised her), I have a slight crack in one of the back teeth, and it will need to be capped.  To be sure, I was told this a few years ago (the cap, not the crack) and I decided to put it off.  Maybe it was worth it, time-wise... but two bits of unpleasant by nine, and before the morning coffee, was rather a bit much.

At least one bright side of this...the day could only get better, and it did!  I had plenty of stuff to do at the home office when I did return, and got much done, always a plus.  Even caught up on some other stuff -- coordinating the payments from my medical savings account -- which, come to think of it, needed to be done, as I will undoubtedly have more.  As a matter of fact, the only other bad thing today was me completing blanking on the Final J! answer -- I knew the book but couldn't recall the name of the author.  This mental decline as I age is not fun.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/03/27/will-the-ozempic-era-change-how-we-think-about-being-fat-and-being-thin

Interesting, I guess; I mean, diet and exercise will still play a role, I think (as it should), but if we can crack the obesity epidemic by this...well, I would think it is by and large for the good, even if we should retain the shame factor.

https://behavioralscientist.org/the-psychology-of-overhead-aversion-and-what-it-means-for-charitable-work/

I thought this was quite good.  It's funny; many people think those of us at the OC are paid, which is immensely amusing.  I wonder if this is why a lot of people tend to have more faith in Catholic-based charity groups, as the large number of volunteers means you do cut down on overhead...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/midwest-roots-shaped-ron-desantis-political-values-youngstown-ohio-rcna73797

Didn't realize his roots were from around here; I guess I should have been a good Republican and bought -- and read -- his book.  But it does explain a lot; I just hope this part of the message can be better known...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home