Thursday, March 30, 2023

Rackets

 This morning was another thrilling day of dental fun.  Yesterday they called -- the impressions didn't take, and I had to come back.  This was fine, I said (though it was not), as I was in pain.  So... today, they looked at it, said it was infected, and gave me a prescription.  Rah.  In the meantime, with all the poking and prodding to get the best impression and the re-application of the temporary cap... I left there in more pain than I arrived.  Sigh.  The antibiotics are working, a bit, as it is less sore now...but not good.

So, Trump's been indicted... I can't help but note that Biden seems to be slipping in the polls, as is Ron DeSantis (guess which one troubles me more).  I wonder what the end game here is; indicting him to get a plea won't work, and I would like to think that if this is all they can find on the Donald... I am underwhelmed.  To be sure, it is a hit among the general population of voters, if not the GOP primary electorate.  I guess the danger for the Dems is that if the economy remains iffy (people are concerned about inflation) it plays to Trump's strengths, and getting him on the trail is... well, I think the man works best with a crowd and an avenue of obvious attack.

I finally got around to listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon," and, as we know from Facebook, it was not exactly an earth- (or ear-) shattering event.  I mean, it was fine, but... one, I have a tin ear.  Two, more importantly... I think it is like "Star Wars."  Had I heard it when I was younger and more impressionable, I think it would have been cooler, but now... my musical tastes are now more settled, and the music sounds a bit dated.  While it was fine, I don't think I need to hear the whole discography.  And I will be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home