Friday, April 14, 2023

Decisions

 I have decided that the cap needs to be redone, as it is just not feeling right.  I came to a conclusion while at the gym today; going home and not trying it out is dumb.  I need to bring something to eat (to the dentist!) to see if it actually works.  I mean, something like canned peas or such; soft, but still requiring some mastication to better digest.  I am sure they will love that, but they really have no reason to complain, and, quite frankly, I would think that they would prefer to be done with me (as would I).  I realize this is a first world problem, but...

I did a gym double today, first time in a while.  Funny; I was in bed at 11, but woke up at 5:45; obviously, the prospect of extra rest was too much for me.  That, and my blood sugar was surprisingly high (Lord knows why), so... I lifted in the morning and did quite a bit of cardio.  Legs in the evening after work; no cardio as the blood sugar was a bit low.  Sigh.  But it was good.  I need to watch my snacking; the granola bars I usually buy at Aldi were $2.49 a box, which is... quite a jump over the past year.  Fruit is still cheaper, and while the bars are better at quickly boosting blood sugar, they will be on ration call for the foreseeable future.

A Well of Conservative Support for Public Schools in Rural Texas - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Interesting but not surprising; people go where their values are welcomed, and if that means the conservative suburbs grow... I do wonder how much damage could be done by the bill; if people move to an area for the schools, I doubt they will go and send their kids to a private school, but that is me.  I guess I would be a bit careful about this in Ohio, though a lot less concerned than, say, before the pandemic.

Opinion | Why People Are Fleeing Blue Cities for Red States - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

I think Brooks is one to something, but is missing it... namely, the red states create an environment that is very good for livability; low taxes, school choice, housing, etc.  Liberals move in and immediately want to recreate what they left behind...forgetting, of course, what made those places crapholes in the first place.  They are liberals, after all.  People elsewhere in the state react to it, unfavorably... and so the battle begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home