Thursday, April 13, 2023

Capping it Off

Another soup day today, as I went to the dentist and had the "permanent" cap put on.  It feels... well, at times I can't tell it is there, and at other times I hit it and it does not feel right.  I know it takes a couple of days for it to settle down, but... this is a bit annoying, to put it mildly, and yes, I realize that my feelings about them (a half step above quackery) is playing into this, as is my preference to never go back there again...we shall see what tomorrow may bring.  I guess I am used to chewing on one side of the mouth due to the hole that was there...

Skipped the gym today -- in addition to the mouth, I decided it was high time to remove all the twigs and branches from the front yard (and the back yard) in preparation for mowing.  It took a good hour, and while there is still some wood on the ground, there is nothing that would affect the mower blade (I hope).  The pile on the compost pile in the back yard is quite high... I should probably start putting some actual compost there to push it down and to promote some breakdown.  Mind you, not like I garden or anything that requires compost, just don't like the idea of putting more stuff in landfills.

This could be me, but it isn't a good idea to let a 21-year-old National Guardsman have access to the nation's secrets, not anywhere close.  Much as I would love to shit on Democrats about this, I am sure this is a bipartisan failure, or, more to the point, no one really paid attention to this until today, which is part of the problem.  No matter how you slice it, the optics are... not very good.

In more positive news, I did handle/delete some emails and some bookmarks, which is always good, and I am considering just packing it in and hitting the sheets early; not only do I need the rest, but an AM trip to the gym is just what the doctor ordered, as I do prefer a bit of morning lifting to start the day... this is what passes for ambition around here now, sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home