Wednesday, April 12, 2023

How Does It End?

 I have to admit, I am fascinated by the Bud Light boycott, in so far as it exists.  I mean, one hears of these things, but how often do they actually achieve anything?  CFA, maybe -- a counter-boycott?  I think we can argue that they benefitted from the stand they took, but do you really see A-B backing down?  I am not sure that Bud Light sales would collapse that much to affect such a change -- A-B has plenty of other brands, and unless those sales fall sharply as well, I am not seeing it.  Plus. even if this decline did happen, does anyone think that they would publicly admit their error?  Then they would get worse heat from the other side (even if, I suspect, the LGBT and lib types drink a lot less Bud Light than, say, John Q. Conservative).  I mean, I would prefer if the GOP orchestrated -- and won -- a lot more of these fights but I don't see it happening.  Sort of like the Tennessee Three (two?)... they are back in and the legislature will let them back.  Reminds me of the quote about Braxton Bragg, what does he fight battles for....

Watched an interesting documentary -- "No-No:  A Documentary," about Doc Ellis.  I think I knew he had the LSD no-hitter and his Pirate career, but I learned much -- comeback year with the Yankees, and then his long post-playing career as an addiction counselor, which, if you think about it, is just as important as anything else.  Of course, the living took its toll later on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home