Sunday, April 23, 2023

Bemusements

 Interesting day at the food pantry yesterday... no clothing racks due to the rain, but plenty of volunteers.  Fairly busy -- the month has been, I was looking at the numbers -- and despite the weather, we cracked 100 yet again.  It was actually sort of funny; we ran out of produce and bread (this is a good thing), but we also had about 20 gallons of milk.  They of course went early, but the rest of the day (even a few minutes before closing) people were clamoring for milk.  I almost gave them the "this is not a grocery store" spiel but I instead reminded them that we only had a limited supply and if other clients can get there 30 minutes before we open, so can they.  Being Hope and Changers, I don't think they got it (or my sarcasm), but I was amused, at least.

Today was quite decent; I met a friend for coffee, gym, Mass, caught up on some work, and did some reading (trying to finish a book today, doubtful).  I had planned on a gym double, but the rain, work downloads, and the general laziness kept me home.  Tomorrow is another day, I guess, but I have plenty of stuff to do this week, so... hell, I need to do a spot of laundry as well.  I did clean the bathroom, so I did not fully disregard the domestic duties.

In a thriving Michigan county, a community goes to war with itself (msn.com)

This could be me, but isn't this a form of election denialism?  Funny that this is in that bastion of democracy, the Washington Post.  More seriously, isn't this what democracy is about?  People voting for the representatives they want and getting the people in office they voted for?  I can certainly see why they wouldn't like it, but...isn't democracy supposed to be messy?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home