Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Recovered

 No blog yesterday; I felt tired -- quite -- and went to bed a little after 11.  This was probably wise; I woke up at 6:30 moderately refreshed, although I am now tired again.  I think I am coming down with/battling a cold; between the weather and the moderate amounts of sleep, I am not surprised.  I do have some leftover antibiotics from the dental procedure (I forgot about them), so that is helping, but... nothing can take the place of proper habits in the first place.

Today I went to another author talk at the library -- David Grann, the author of Murders of the Flower Moon, as well as a couple of other books on the list.  I didn't realize he did Lost City of Z, for instance.  Interesting; mainly he tried to give highlights of the new work without letting too much out, and it was remarkable, hearing of his travels (and their difficulty now) and comparing them to the 1740s.  I added the book to the pile, and that, combined with the latest library trip and some stuff ordered from Amazon, should take a while.  Or, more hopefully, spur me to read more.

Opinion | Why do women stay with their abusers? Money is one overlooked reason. - The Washington Post

I always get a kick out of these articles.  On the one hand (as a feminist), one hears that women are strong, independent creatures, and then something like this comes out, and... well, they need all sorts of special protection and extra cash to make it so, and one cannot help but wonder why no one puts one and one together... now, I am NOT condoning domestic violence, but the fact is that in some cases, women are not strong and independent, and while we should do all we can to prevent this... of course, one way to do so would be to more liberally apply capital punishment here; I can't help but think a few abusive men dangling on public square would be an asset in so many ways.

County Councilman Triggers Woke Liberals and Gets Them to Protest Their Own Ideology by Proclaiming He Is Now a Lesbian "Woman of Color" (VIDEO) | The Gateway Pundit | by Cullen Linebarger

I love this, and the best part is when he tells them that -- by their rules -- they can't question the sincerity (or even the action) of his moves or motives.  I always joke that if men start identifying as women and use their bathrooms all the time this nonsense will be over in six months, but this is even better, and I only hope more people start pulling this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home