Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Completion

 Quite the morning today; the wifi wasn't working, and it took until after 9 to get it restarted.  Oi.  I realize it is one of those things that sometimes happens, and we survived, but... I had a meeting at 10, so I had to work late today to catch up, so much so that I missed the gym.  Alas.  Anyways, the meeting -- SVDP Conference Presidents' coffee klatch -- went quite well (as always, plenty of follow ups) but I couldn't help but notice that a lot of what other conferences do we do not.  Part of this is that we don't really communicate that well, part of it is no one is/was really aware of what we all do (I am working on that!), and...well, let's just say that our clientele is... different?  Difficult?  I think of Desmond and his work, and yes, some of it is the poverty.  But, in a lot of cases, I think the issues are independent of the poverty, or, indeed, the issues caused the poverty.  And that makes it quite difficult to deal constructively with the problems.

I am almost finished with True Blue, which will be the 28th book I read this year; it is a reflection of Duke hoops and Coach K.  Written in 2005, so much of the current greatness is not there, and in some ways it has taken longer because a lot of the people (it's a collection of guest essays) were before my full fandom, so off I go to wikipedia or somewhere for further research.  But it is interesting; I do like these inside-baseball style descriptions.  And, if you are a truly a sad and misguided soul who hates Duke, there would be plenty of fodder for your shitting-on-the-crucifix-equivalent actions.

I am looking at the calendar, and I am thinking that I have nothing planned for Memorial Day weekend.  This, quite frankly, boggles my mind, as this seldom happens, and with the extra day, I should do something, like empty a closet or some adult activity (like cleaning), but... prolly not.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home