Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Mattie Is Going to Hell

 Funny; as always, I have been tired, but now I cannot sleep.  Last night I had a meeting at the Cathedral, went longer than I expected... anyways, I managed to make some friends, as they gave us a tour afterwards.  I didn't realize that the Bishops' crypt (and the St. Christine reliquary) were right off the altar area, and it was certainly odd/interesting to trek inside.  At St. Patrick's the tombs are literally beneath the place; here they have their own space, which was certainly penitential in and of itself.  I noted that Bishop Lennon's tomb is on the top level, mainly so no one from any of the closed parishes would pee in the corner.  That, as you can imagine, went over well...

Yesterday I also had my last appointment with my MD, as he is retiring.  I will miss the guy; same-day call backs (even late at night) will NOT be a thing with the new one, which I have to find, as well as renew/transfer prescriptions, etc.  It does happen, and I need to do this soon, as much as "Not only there is no God, but try getting a plumber on a Sunday," but try getting a medical appointment nowadays.

Elon Dishes Details on Tucker Carlson Show Coming to Twitter – RedState

Interesting; maybe not completely surprising.  I wonder who cooked this up; Tucker or Elon.  But it does make incredible sense for all involved; Tucker will have his own platform for content, and plenty of freedom to do and say what he wants.  Elon gets plenty of customers/users, and I suspect many of them are, like me, indifferent to social media, but for Tucker, will gladly access him.  If half of those who have stopped watching Fox at 8 move to Twitter... 

America’s ‘Atlas Shrugged’ Moment Has Already Arrived, New IRS Data Show - Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org)

I always get a kick out of people who bitch about the novel; I mean, yes, it's rather long and the sex scenes are ridiculous, but she was rather correct about the general drift of things.  People (like, say, Elon Musk) who are brilliant and creative and feel like they are repressed by the system will simply not do it, and, as I learned in college, capital goes to where it is welcomed and flourishes there...well, this is the slow and inevitable result.  Alas.

Finally got around to watching the J! tournament tonight (Monday's show is still on Tivo) and... revealing the Daily Doubles before the round?  Oi.  I do like the points and the round robin affair, and the questions were surprisingly tough (better contestants get them faster, too), though I thought the FJ! questions were easier...  I will admit that an extra hour of J! does crimp my time to do other stuff, but I do plow the accumulated word seek books from Mom, so that is not the worst thing in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home