Thursday, May 11, 2023

Stuff Good and Bad

 Interesting day today... didn't sleep well, for one -- and then to top it off I had charley horses in BOTH legs this morning.  Oi.  I am still a bit tight and sore there now!  It was not good, I have to admit, and then to top it off I felt the lack of sleep all day.  Continuing with the theme of the day, I went to cut the grass on a late lunch, and... it wouldn't turn over.  Sigh.  I have a tech coming out in two weeks (oi) but the grass is a bit tall as it is; I figure I can weedwhack some of the high spots by the treelawn and the stuff by the front of the house.  But... well, if I need to replace the mower I will do so, but I would rather not, of course.  Alas.  I was planning on hitting the sheets a little early today, but I keep getting stuff to go through -- we were approved for some grant funding at the OC, I have Board business, etc. -- so that might not happen.  

In other news, I skipped the gym -- my leg muscles appreciated it if my pot belly did not -- and instead watched "House Party."  Not quite my scene, if you will, but as I was certainly old enough to remember Kid N'Play, and it was... well, not terribly funny, but funny enough.  It did certainly remind me of the "Can't Hardly Wait" genre of films, and I could see how it was culturally significant.  Some of the jokes, of course, could not be made today, which makes me wonder where the cancel police were on this one.  This does bring me to 815 on the NFR, and I should maximize my viewings before Netflix goes the way of all things.

Chicago Already Feels Strains of a Migrant Influx as Title 42 Ends - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

This is...amusing.  I mean, people in Chicago proclaim they are a sanctuary city, and lo and behold... they don't actually want to do it.  I did appreciate how they hinted at the racism of the majority-black South Side residents demanding they send those poor migrants home; quite ballsy, even for the NYT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home