Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Best Laid Plans...

 I am going to bed early tonight, or at least early-ish.  Not much sleep last night, and my blood sugar was low throughout much of the day, so I snacked more...sigh.  Definitely going to try for a gym double tomorrow!  On the other hand, going to bed early-ish means that some minor things will be left undone.  Sigh.  I have been working at going through things (links, files, emails) and while I am not exactly done, there has some steady progress...which is enough, I guess.

Should be warmer tomorrow...is it me, or was today rather cool?  I almost closed the windows (I rather like the breeze and the fresh air) but on the other hand, tomorrow will be fine.  The rain was nice, even if the day was somewhat...foreboding.  Maybe not that, but dank and dreary.  Not quite the summer vibe we have been used to.

'Simple but not simplistic': On the road with the Eucharistic Revival's test pilgrims (pillarcatholic.com)

This is pretty cool.  I would like to think I would have done it if I were younger (not that I couldn't volunteer now) but I suspect that I would not have.  Alas.  Quite frankly -- and maybe this is the spirit of Corpus Christi talking -- but with all that is going on in the world nowadays, we need more of this sort of thing from the Church.  For all the talk of buying Bud Light at Target, this is a refreshing and serious alternative. 

EXCLUSIVE: The DeSantis Plan To Wage War on ‘Weaponized’ DOJ | RealClearPolitics

Interesting.  Will it work in the primary?  I mean, it does tie into the "go after the people who took down Trump" mode (which could appeal to his supporters), it does appeal to the small government types, and who doesn't like to see less government anywhere?  On the other hand, it does not look good for a law and order party to attack the FBI, though there are many reasons to do so.  DeSantis can also point out that Trump could have done this at any time during his term, yet always failed to do so.  Let me pout it this way:  I hope it works in the primary, and hope it can be done, simply to send a signal....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home