Saturday, June 10, 2023

Exeunt Hiatus

 Long time no blog.... I have just been busy, and then to top it off, I have taken to crashing (hard) at night.  This is probably good, but... on the one hand, I need the rest, on the other, it is a sign that I am 45, and not a young man, and it is most depressing.  In the meantime, there has been a lot of news to digest.  The Trump indictment is of course yuge, though I am not sure what it portents; I mean, most politicians would have been dead and buried for doing half the shit he pulled, but he is truly the Teflon man.  I always say that after the Duke lax scandal, I tend to....keep my powder dry, or, to use another phrase, make sure the guy is guilty before we hang him.  So, while there may be an explanation for his actions... it doesn't look good.  Much like DeShaun Watson, it is the scope of the scandal that makes it difficult to refute.  Of course, those who wonder why Joe or Hunter are not facing charges are.... entirely correct.

How a Staunchly Blue State Let MAGA Seep In - POLITICO

This amused the hell out of me, as things often do, for a bunch of reasons.  I would argue that this -- like the staying power of the Bud Light/Target boycott, and other things (come to think of it, it started with the reverse boycott of CFA) is simply due to the fact that for a lot of people, things have gone too far -- the shutdowns, Drag Queen Story Hour, two genders -- and, worse, the idea that you should have the temerity to question the wisdom of these things brings out all sorts of charges -- bigotry, homophobia, etc.  People are beginning to realize that if you are going to be accused of these things, you may as well act the part.  I think it is lovely, because it is doing to the left what they have been doing for many years...

Jimmy Dimora is out of prison.  This is surprising, albeit not terribly so, and goes to my point above; maybe it is humanitarian and the right thing to do to let the guy out, but he was a corrupt official for many years and ran the county as a corrupt enterprise for his cronies.  Isn't this the guy you leave to rot in prison, pour encourager les autres (in the mots of Voltaire)?  If any GOPer in the county or state had any brains (and you know what I say) they would be all over this, but...crickets.

I also note -- with amusement -- that the PD is all over the new Cuyahoga County Executive for his management of the Child and Family Services scandal, especially after he called out negative press coverage.  Mind you, this is what happens with every Democrat the PD endorses; he acts like a typical Democrat -- corruption, waste of money, etc. -- and they raise a hissy fit about it, until the next election comes along and they get on their needs for that guy.  Again, one would think someone in the GOP would call them out about -- maybe even look into them for corruption as well, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home